Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Belly Laughs

Today my tiny baby laughed - really laughed - for the first time. She is a very smiley, happy baby, and she has had little almost giggles, but not like the real laugh she gave me today. And thanks to my mom, I have it on video. I don't care how hardened or cynical you are, when you hear a baby laugh, part of you just melts inside. L was on my lap, and I was snuzzling her little neck and making fake laughing noises, and I guess it tickled her funny bone. I had tears streaming down my face as she laughed and laughed. When M laughed for the first time, it was for the dog. (Don't tell my husband...he thinks he inspired her first laugh) But this time, my baby's first laugh was for me! Baby laughter is very powerful (just ask Tinkerbell - Disney taught me that fairies are born from a baby's first laugh) and is one of my most favoritest sounds in the world. But I was unprepared for the impact this milestone had on me today. I am quite sure that the fairy born this afternoon will be the best one ever.

1 comment: