Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I am

I was catching up on my blog reading this week, and ran across something that hit me. One blogger had a list on her blog of what she is and is not. She had a very interesting, comprehensive list. I thought, "wow, I don't know that I could come up with that impressive of a list". But then last night, in the quiet dark hours trying to get my baby to sleep, I began creating my own list in my head. And I surprised myself. I suspect that this list is a fluid one - ever changing and evolving - but I thought I would give it a try, and share what I am and am not, at least for today.

1. I am Christian

2. I am a good mom - even when my teenager disagrees

3. I am outgoing

4. I am a moderate procrastinator

5. I am conservative

6. I am patient...sometimes

7. I am impatient...often

8. I am a writer

9. I am an avid reader

10. I am a nurturer

11. I am thoughtful

12. I am smart

13. I am grateful

14. I am not graceful

15. I am not an outdoorswoman

16. I am creative

17. I am a wife

18. I am blessed

19. I am an aunt

20. I am a sister

21. I am a granddaughter (and great granddaughter)

22. I am a worrier

23. I am afraid of spiders

24. I am a Disneyphile

25. I am loving

26. I am very protective of my family

27. I am asthmatic

28. I am not meek

29. I am not subtle

30. I am dramatic

31. I am a singer

32. I am a multi-tasker

33. I am a caregiver

34. I am strong

35. I am very hard on myself

36. I am injury prone

37. I am careful

38. I am loud

39. I am learning


Wow. It is amazing to me what making this list did. It made me take inventory of where I am, what I am, who I am. There are things on the list that I am proud of, and some things that, well, not so much. But they are on the list because I want to be aware of them, work on changing them and be a better me. How about you? What does your list look like?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you liked it so much! It's funny bc your
    List also makes me think more about other areas in my own life. It's also
    Very interesting to see all the areas in which we differ and are alike.
    I will post a link tomorrow. Late night tonight!

    ReplyDelete