Monday, January 17, 2011
Shots are not fun for anyone
L is growing and doing very well. As a reward, she got three shots today. She was less than thrilled. She was less than impressed with the fact that she got an almost month long reprieve, as she was too little at her two month visit to get them. I know that there are a lot of people out there who are against immunizations for one reason or another. I try to respect that, I really do. But I have a hard time with it. The fact of the matter is, immunizations save lives. I have two daughters. One of them is not able, due to a chronic critical condition and allergic reactions, to get most immunizations. The other is a tiny baby just starting hers. I want to protect my babies in every way that I can. Including immunizations whenever possible. It is painful to watch your child get shots and hurt from them, but it is even more painful to watch your child in a hospital bed, suffering from an illness that could have been prevented if everyone followed all of the immunization guidelines possible. Wondering if they will survive. I have lived through this, and I do not wish it on any parent. So I let my baby get poked today, and afterwards I cuddled and comforted her. I told her how much I loved her, and I thanked God that I am able to protect her and those around her in this way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment