Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello Internets

I have been a blog lurker for a long time, and recently graduated to occasional commenting. But I think I have more that I would like to say, so it is time to start a blog of my own. Awww...it is like a milestone - my very first blog.

What will I post about? Hmmm...so many possibilities.

Parenting? I do a lot of that in real life, so the material would literally be endless. My daughters M and L are 15 years and two months old respectively (yes, it is a wide age gap; no, it was not planned; yes, I am thrilled to be a "new" mommy again). M is classified as "medically fragile" (don't worry, I am sure there will be more on that later...) and L was a NICU baby. Both girls are miracles in more ways than one. I kept a journal when M was cooking and when she was a baby, and I guess a blog is today's journal.

Living unemployed? Well, I have been out of work for just over a year and a half, and it does affect life in general, but it also gets depressing. So, while there will probably be some posts related to joblessness, I don't plan to make it a main focus.

Life in general? Again, endless fodder for posting, but kind of unfocused.

I think I will just post what is on my mind. A lot of it will be "mommyblogging" I am sure, but I will keep my options open to other topics, too. Like in-laws, naughty dogs, pet peeves, etc. Sometimes I may rant and rave, sometimes I may manage to be a little bit funny. Rest assured, I am very rarely the sappy maudlin type. (But I may write letters to my daughters, and that would be the exception).

Oh, word of warning? I do have some minor procrastination tendencies. My goal to start is to post at least once a week and see how it goes. I may even work up to adding regular photos, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and go all crazy yet.

Maybe next time I will introduce myself more thoroughly. Maybe not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment