The other notable difference is that L has very little hair. What she does have is reddish blond and beautiful. Baldish babies are kind of an anomaly in my family. Even my niece, who has been blonde since day one, had tons of hair. Not L. She has very little hair. It is growing, though. I hope it stays reddish. I love red hair.
Anyway, it got me to thinking about some of the differences between me and L and M. I always thought M was as much of a mini-me as I could get. Until I saw L. Wow. She is soooo much like M in so many ways, and M is so much like me, but put my baby pic next to L's and it is kinda freaky. The only difference is that I had a full head of hair and, well, she doesn't, and that she is a little bigger than I was. Not only does she look like me, but the expressions, body positions and mannerisms are already just like mine. We even stretch the same way. I wonder what else will be the same, and what will be unique to her.
When I was a kid (oh, who am I kidding, I am still this way) I did not like to get dirty, sticky or get any nature on me. I never liked finger painting, and much to my mother's dismay, categorically refused to squish my bare toes in the mud. I do not like to get nature on me (which is a challenge when we go camping). Very prissy. However, I also refused to be girly - no lacy, frilly clothes or dresses for me. I much prefered the jeans and tee comfort, thank you very much. M was (and is) quite the opposite. She has no qualms about getting dirty, loves to climb trees and "be one" with nature. But as a little girl, she preferred to do it in a dress. Go figure. It makes me wonder what L will be like in that regard. Like me? Like M? or somewhere in between? I guess I will just have to wait and find out. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment